News + Events Archive
- Congratulations to Christina Schwarz, along with co-authors Robin Sharma, Brandi Hardy, David Williams, and Jennifer Hunter, for receiving tenth place in The Best Photo in Vision Research and Ophthalmology 2016.
- Jesse Schallek has been awarded the David Mahoney Neuroimaging grant from the Dana Foundation. The grant will support efforts to translate new metrics of blood flow evaluation into the clinical population.
- Congratulations to Juliette McGregor on receiving the Steadman Family Interdisciplinary Research Award. The award recognizes an outstanding Postdoctoral Associate or Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of Rochester whose research exemplifies the importance of cross-discipline approaches towards examining high impact questions of science.
- Congratulations to Andres Guevara for receiving the CONACYT fellowship award. The award supports his research that will develop new ways to extract optical contrast from highly translucent neurons of the retina.
- Guevara-Torres A, Williams DR, and Schallek JB (2015). Imaging translucent cell bodies in the living mouse retina without contrast agents. Biomed. Opt. Express 6, 2106-2119.
- Congratulations to James Feeks, recipient of an ARVO travel grant.
- David Williams has received the seventh annual Jay Pepose ’75 Award in Vision Sciences from Brandeis University.
- Congratulations to Jesse Schallek, recipient of the Research to Prevent Blindness Career Development Award for his work on how blood flow, structures and cells inside the retina are affected by diabetes.
- Congratulations to David Williams, Gala Honoree at the ARVO Foundation & Dowling Society Gala Awards Ceremony and Dinner on April 30, 2016.
- David Williams has been named the 2015 recipient of the Beckman-Argyros Award in Vision Research. Williams has also been awarded the Sigma Xi Procter Prize.
- Congratulations to David Williams, recipient of the 2015 Alcon Research Institute award for outstanding contributions in the field of vision research.
- Congratulations to Robin Sharma and Andres Guevara-Torres. Both received 2015 travel grants from ARVO.
- ARIA researchers David Williams, Jennifer Hunter, and Bill Merigan received a $3.8 million National Eye Institute grant for restoring vision through retinal regeneration.
- David Williams is a recipient of the 2015 ARVO Distinguished Service Award, which is presented to elected ARVO officers and editors-in-chief upon completion of their terms, in appreciation for dedicated service to ARVO.
- ARIA welcomes new principal investigator Jesse Schallek. Dr. Schallek is Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Neurobiology & Anatomy, and the Center for Visual Science.
- A richly-deserved honor was bestowed on David R. Williams, Allyn Professor of Medical Optics and Director of the Center for Visual Science, who was elected to the National Academy of Sciences.
- Robin Sharma's paper has been selected for Spotlight on Optics!
- Congratulations to Jesse Schallek for being selected as a Edmund Optics Grant Finalist!
- Congratulations to Dr. David Williams for winning the Edridge Green Medal from the Royal College of Ophthalmologists!
- ARIA has 3 postdoc opportunities available.
- Dr. David Williams and his work on Adaptive Optics was featured in the the Democrat and Chronicle [PDF]
- Congratulations to graduate student Robin Sharma for winning the the Emil Wolf Outstanding Student Paper Competition at FiO 2012
- Dr. David Williams and his work on Adaptive Optics was featured in the Rochester Review [PDF]
- Congratulations to Dr. David Williams for winning the 2012 António Champalimaud Vision Award, which recognizes novel approaches to imaging the eye
- Dr. Jennifer Hunter will be attending the 6th annual EOS Conference as an Invited Speaker
- Congratulations to Dr. Jesse Schallek, recipient of: Schmitt Program on Integrative Brain Research Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2012
Retina Research Foundation/J.M. and E.C. Lawrence Travel Award, 2012
ARVO Member in Training (MIT) Outstanding Poster Award, 2012